Need help? Contact Us!
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions of trading may be subject to change and any updates can be viewed on the website www.satplanet.ie
1. In the following paragraphs the Company shall mean Prohometech LTD and the Customer shall mean any person company or organization that places an order on the Company for the supply of materials and/or services. All orders received by the Company for the supply of materials and/or services will be subject to the following conditions that will form the basis of the Contract between the Company and the Customer. These conditions (together with any order form and/or acceptance of order form) constitute the entire agreement between the parties. To protect your own interests please read these conditions carefully before signing them. If you are uncertain or you require some explanation then please ask us.
2. Except where standard bulk-rate prices have been negotiated between the Company and the Customer, the Company will assess each job and estimate for the work considered to provide the best quality reception of signals in the prevailing reception conditions. A further assessment will be made on completion of the work and further recommendation made where appropriate.(a) Equitable and beneficial ownership of the goods supplied shall remain with the Company until full payment has been received.(b) For non payment we may require the Customer upon reasonable notice to return and deliver up the goods to us failing which we shall take legal proceedings to recover the goods or their value.
3. By accepting the supply of goods or services the Customer gives the right of access to the Company to enter upon the property for the sole purposes of carrying out the work ordered. Where the Customer does not own the property it is the responsibility of the Customer to obtain such permission from the owner and the Customer warrants that such permission has been obtained. Furthermore it is the responsibility of the Customer to obtain planning permission, should this be required and the Company accepts no responsibility for the cost of removal/re-sitting of any antenna if this permission has not been obtained.
4. The Company undertakes to make good any damage caused directly to the property by the execution of the work under this Order, provided the Company is notified of such damage and given reasonable opportunity, and access, to inspect the damage prior to repairs being carried out should the Company wish to inspect. If we agree to make good any damage caused in the course of our work to plaster, floors or brickwork, etc then we will do so to a reasonable standard. Where damage is deemed by you to be caused by negligence of the Company then we will pass details to our insurers. Nothing in this clause will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority trading standards department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. The Company reserves the right to decline to carry out work that, in its sole judgment, is considered to be unsafe.
6. The Company cannot guarantee the quality of reception, as this is dependent on factors outside its control. However, every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that the reception obtained is as good as the prevailing local factors allow. The Company cannot guarantee against vandalism, gales or lightning. If you call back the Company to rectify a problem which can be rectified by the operating of Customer accessible controls by you without the need for our presence, then you will be obliged to pay the prevailing call out charge. Your statutory rights regarding faulty materials or misdescribed goods are not affected.
7. The Company draws to the attention of the Customer the following recommendations of the RTÉN L regarding the installation of UHF aerials in lofts. The television and radio transmitter networks have been carefully planned to make best use of the frequencies available. The plan assumes that a good aerial mounted OUTSIDE would be used for television or VHF radio in the home. Loft mounted aerials may sometimes be suitable for VHF stereo radio, but indoor aerials are never recommended for television. In all cases the fitting of an aerial in a loft will adversely affect the quality of reception obtained. Although the Company will make every effort to obtain satisfactory reception it cannot guarantee the results from aerials so sited. In general the Company will direct aerials towards the transmitter designated by RTÉNL to serve the area in which the property is situated. Where the Customer specifically requests reception from an out of area transmitter the Company will make every effort to obtain satisfactory reception but reserves the right to make a service charge if reception proves unacceptable.
8. Digital terrestrial signals: (a) Until the digital network is fully operational across the Republic of Ireland no guarantees of digital reception, by aerials installed before that time, can be given. (b) Where digital signals prove to be below the threshold recommended in the CAI Codes of Practice, but the Customer is satisfied with the reception quality of sound and picture, then the Company cannot be held responsible for the maintenance of that quality under the normal guarantee terms. Should deterioration of reception occur for any reason other than mechanical or electrical breakdown of the aerial equipment, then the Company reserves the right to impose service charges if the Customer requests further efforts. (c) The Company reserves the right to charge for work which may result from unacceptable reception on aerials described as compatible for digital reception, but proving unacceptable once broadcasts start at full power in the area in which it was installed.
9. The Company shall not be held responsible for loss of reception due to the future encryption or broadcast change of any signal received, regardless of transmission platform.
10. Except for approved trade accounts, terms are strictly COD. At its sole discretion the Company may invoice the Customer for the work carried out. All such invoices are strictly net and unless otherwise agreed by the Company are due for payment within 7 days from the date of invoice. The price payable will be the Company’s price as stated on their price list at the date of placement of the order or such variation to that price as otherwise agreed by the Company with the Customer and stated on the order form and/or acceptance of order form. All sums unpaid after the date on which payment became due in accordance with clause (16) above (“Payment Date”) shall bear interest from the Payment Date to the date of actual payment at the prevailing interest rate for County Court Judgment debts.
11. Contracts goods shall be at the Customer’s risk for insurance when delivered to the Customer’s vehicle (if collected) or to their premises or wherever directed by the Customer (if delivered). The Customer must then keep them safe and adequately insure the goods against any loss or damage which may occur.
12. Where the Customer is in breach of contract and legal action is taken the Company shall be at liberty at any time thereafter to cancel, by notice in writing to the Customer, all orders and contracts or any part thereof remaining unfulfilled between the parties and the Customer shall be responsible for all costs allowable by the court if the court finds that the Customer is in breach of contract.
13. Acceptance of any goods returned due to the error of the Customer, whether in the terms of its order or otherwise, is entirely at the discretion of the Company. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any such return will only be accepted by the Company subject to a handling and restocking charge of 23% from full price paid.
14. The Company will not be liable under this contract for any loss or damage caused by them their employees or agents in circumstances where: (a) there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by the Company or by any of the Company’s employees or agents; or (b) such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach and/or the loss or damage results from breach by you of any term of this contract.
15. The time quoted for delivery/performance is estimated and not a guarantee. This does not affect your rights, under the Supply of Goods Act, to expect work to be completed within a reasonable time. The Company shall not be liable for any failure to deliver the goods or supply the services arising from circumstances outside the Company’s control and non exhaustive illustrations include acts of God, war, riot, explosion, abnormal weather conditions, fire, flood, government action, strikes, lock out, delay by suppliers, accidents and shortage of materials, labour or manufacturing facilities. If the Company is prevented from delivering or providing services in the above circumstances then it shall notify the Customer of this act in writing within 14 days of the date on which it becomes apparent that the Company is unable to deliver the goods or supply the services as a result. If the circumstances preventing delivery or fulfilment of the services are still continuing 3 months from and including the date when the Company sent such notice then either party may give written notice to the other cancelling the Contract and such written notice must be received while the circumstances are still continuing.
16. Installation /Call Out terms: To avoid engineers call out costs there must be someone available at the agrees time&date over the age of 16 at home and by phone. Times given are estimated, the engineer will arrive as close to this time as possible. If you miss your agreed appointment without given minimum 24 hrs notice you will be liable to pay current call out fee(s). Please only agree to appointment days/times if you are available and let us know if you cannot make your appointment by phone/email.
17. If the Contract is cancelled in this way the Company shall refund any payment which the Customer has already made on account of the price of the Contract (subject to deduction of any amount which the Company is entitled to claim from the Customer) but the Company accepts no liability to compensate the Customer for any further loss of damage caused by the failure to deliver or supply services and/or goods.
18. This agreement shall not be assigned by either party without first ensuring that the person to whom the benefit or burden is assigned agrees to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
19. The Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Contract so that only the parties to this Contract shall be entitled to enforce the provisions of this Contract, save for any assignee permitted in accordance with clause (25) above.
20. Any dispute under or arising out of any order accepted by the Company which cannot be satisfactorily resolved between the Company and the Customer may be referred to an independent arbitrator to be appointed at the consent of both parties. The finding of the arbitrator so appointed shall, where legally permissible, be binding on both parties including their determination as to the payment of their costs.
21. Each condition in these conditions of trading shall be independent and severable from the remaining conditions and enforceable accordingly. If any provisions shall be unenforceable for any reason but would be enforceable if part of the wording thereof were deleted, it shall apply with such deletions as may be necessary to make it enforceable. If any clause is held to be unenforceable in its entirety then it shall be struck out and the remainder of these terms shall be unaffected.
22. This Agreement is governed by Irish law and the Irish courts or otherwise by the jurisdiction most appropriate if the contract is performed outside Ireland and/or the property at which the services are performed or to which the goods are delivered is outside Ireland in which case it is for the parties to agree on jurisdiction or for the court to determine jurisdiction.
trading as SAT-Planet.
SAT-Planet takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable precaution to safeguard the personal information you supply to it.
SAT-Planet is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we will only process any data we hold about you in a lawful and fair manner. We will keep your data securely to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. Your personal data may have to be disclosed if we are required to disclose it by law, or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SAT-Planet may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 01-05-2016.
What information do we collect:
We collect information from you when you visit or register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletters, respond to a survey or fill out a forms. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and credit or debit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. Our webstore gathers statistical and other analytical information of all visitors to our webstore. Every data file contains the following information:
-The website from which you came when visiting us.
-The IP address.
-Time and date of website access.
-Information on which browser and operating system you are using.
What do we use your information for:
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
-Internal record keeping.
-To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.)
-To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
-To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
-To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we protect your information:
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly SAT-Planet cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us via the Internet. SAT-Planet is not responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google analytics uses text files which are stored on your computer (“cookies”) to enable the analysis of a user’s website use. Information created and collected by cookies regarding users’ use of this website will generally be transmitted to and stored on servers in the USA. Google uses the information gathered on this website on behalf of the website’s operator to analyse users’ usage of the website, to generate reports regarding users’ website activity, to create anonymous user profiles and web statistics and to provide further services on behalf of the websites operator associated with the website and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by a user’s browser will not be combined with any other data held by Google.
Please note, that the use of the browser plugin is limited to each browser and to each computer. If you deactivate or delete the plugin after installation, it will disable the deactivation of Google Analytics. Google’s data protection policy is available at: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/. You can also prevent the collection of information by Google Analytics by clicking on the following Link. In this case an opt-out cookie is placed on your computer which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.